The Kiwa Creiven Laboratory for Renewable Energies is equipped with the most modern testing tools, in compliance with the reference standards in the renewable energy field, which allow to verify and evaluate the quality, performance and safety of generators for photovoltaic, wind, hydroelectric, storage, CHP and other applications.
The testing and evaluation services conducted in the laboratories of Padua, Italy, are aimed at manufacturers of Generators for photovoltaic, wind, hydroelectric, storage and CHP applications, operating all over the world. Kiwa Creiven is in fact able to verify compliance with the different grid codes adopted by the main countries, for example:
- Italy - CEI 0-21, CEI 0-16
- Germany - VDE-AR-N 4105, DIN VDE V 0124-100
- United Kingdom - ENA G98, G99
- France - UTE C15-712-1, VDE V 0126-1-1
- Belgium - C10/11
- European Union - EN 50549-1, EN 50549-2
- USA - UL 1741, IEEE 1547, UL 1998
- Canada - CSA C22.2 #107.1
- Australia - AS 4777.2
- South Africa - SAGC 2.6
- Various International Countries - IEC 61727, IEC 62116
Kiwa Creiven's Renewable Energy Laboratory performs tests and inspections both in the presence of Electronic Converters and for Rotating Generators directly connected to the electricity grids.
The laboratory personnel can operate either at Kiwa Creiven premises, with availability of controlled electronic sources up to 700 kVA power, or at the customer's premises, or at the installation sites.
The Laboratory is equipped with:
- Precision grid simulators from 30 kW up to 0.7 MW
- Photovoltaic simulators from hundreds of watts upto 0.5 MW
- Power line (0.7 MW) for use with dedicated AC or DC simulators
- Resonant loads up to 0.7 MW for anti-islanding testing
- High-precision power measurement instruments for performing tests in full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Precision current transducers (Imax = 2,000 A)
With its highly specialized staff and more than ten years of experience, Kiwa Creiven ensures the execution of testing activities in accordance with the needs of companies and organizations, offering a complete and personalized portfolio of accredited services for its customers.
Thanks to its ability to analyse non-conformities on time, Kiwa Creiven is able to solve even the most challenging situations in a very short time.
The high reputation obtained over the years, a guarantee of competence and professionalism, makes the Laboratory a partner for progress, which, thanks to the flexibility in the provision of services, allows companies to introduce even the most innovative products on the market very quickly.
In addition, the direct participation in the development of standards related to the sectors in which it operates, allows Kiwa Creiven to be constantly aware of the latest regulatory updates and to be considered by companies and organizations as a reference point in the Italian and international panorama for electrical testing activities.